Welcome, cold and flu season. Being sick is not only vaguely unpleasant, but also super inconvenient. Dude, I have like 3 exams next week, ain't nobody got time to get sick. But fate seems to think it's funny, because I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately. So I thought I'd share some things I do to make the day less crappy:
1. If you have to go out, dress how you want to feel. (Dress nice.) I know-- the last thing you want to do is get out of those sweats, but I swear, the day will be less annoying when people compliment you on how you look rather than commenting every .5 seconds that "you don't look so good."
2. Hydrate. You probably don't get enough water anyway, and being dehydrated isn't going to make you feel any better.
3. Drink tea/ hot water/ something warm. I find that a hot beverage soothes a sore throat quite well. Add honey, and you are set.
4. Eat spicy. Nothing gets your sinuses cleared up faster than a nice spicy curry, or soup, or anything really. Just eat a chili pepper straight up. Actually, don't do that-- you might end up feeling even worse.
5. Take a break to cuddle. Not a person, mind you since you might get them sick, and nobody wants that.
6. Light a nice smelling candle. I've been liking this one from Bath and Body Works, since the smell isn't too strong. It just makes your room feel cozier and nice :)
7. Forget about all your responsibilities and watch Netflix in a dinosaur onesie. (But don't actually do this. I'm a bad example at life.)
So that's it! I succumb to #7 most times (even when I'm not sick), but don't be like me. Be better than me. In fact, I hope that you don't ever get sick at all, because it sucks. But if you do, what can you do... (watch Netflix).